Virus Protection Tips
With the onslaught of viruses and worms like Nimda and SirCam,
it is becoming more and more crucial to keep your PC protected.
Your personal data is at risk as well as the probability of the
virus using your PC as a host to launch itself to other victims.
GOES highly recommends our customers protect their computers from
Some things you can do to help prevent the spread of these infestations
and protect yourself:
- Do not open email attachments that you are not expecting, even
if you know the sender.
- Keep your virus definition files current.
- Run scans on a regular basis.
- Scan all suspicious files before opening them.
- Use the Auto-Protect feature of the Anti-Virus program you
For more information, check out the websites below. Some of the vendors
even offer downloads of their software for free on a trial basis.
You can purchase through most of the vendors directly or at places
like JLM Computers.
Barnes & Noble book links: